Although fluoride treatments for children’s teeth are well known, did you realize that fluoride treatments have numerous advantages for adults as well?
This article discusses fluoride treatments for adults because we want everyone to understand the advantages of fluoride for all age groups. You’ll find that there are lots of advantages for both adults and children.
5 Facts About Fluoride Treatments
- Fluoride is a mineral that occurs naturally and is present in the air, water, and soil. We frequently discuss the presence of fluoride in the water we drink. If there is not enough fluoride present naturally, some towns will monitor the level of our drinking water and add fluoride if necessary. Fluoride-containing water should be consumed to assist in developing teeth. When teeth are growing, if fluoridated water is ingested, the enamel will become stronger and more resistant to decay.
Fluoride can be consumed (systemically) or applied topically. Fluoride can be applied topically via a variety of products, including toothpaste and over-the-counter rinses. You can also get topical fluoride foams, gels, or varnish applications at your dentist’s office.
- Fluoride helps adults and children avoid tooth decay by remineralizing worn-down tooth surfaces. The enamel is made stronger so that it can withstand acid attacks from food and beverages.
- Fluoride helps adults and children avoid tooth decay by remineralizing worn-down tooth surfaces. The enamel is strengthened and made more resistant to acid assaults from food and beverages.
- Fluoride applications at your dentist’s office are quite advantageous. These treatments have a larger concentration of minerals than items you may buy at the store, which helps improve weak regions in your tooth structure and lessen sensitivity. Talk to your dental professionals about your unique needs to find out if you would benefit from a fluoride treatment.
- Your dentist may suggest a fluoride treatment for a variety of reasons. Talk to your dental care team about utilizing fluoride to help build your enamel if you are at high risk for cavities and/or sensitivities, have a high sugar or acidic diet, don’t get regular dental care, use certain medications, have dry mouth, or have active decay in your mouth.
Your dental care team at Wise Dental is here to help you maintain outstanding oral health, no matter how long it has been since your previous appointment! CALL US NOW at 940-683-3233 and make an appointment right away if you believe you could profit from receiving a fluoride treatment.