If you are considering orthodontic treatment for your child, you may be wondering when you should schedule them for their first orthodontic consultation. Continue reading to learn more.
When Should My Child Have Their First Orthodontic Consultation?
It is generally recommended to bring your child for their first orthodontic consultation by the age of seven. This provides the orthodontist with the opportunity to begin planning their orthodontic treatment.
In some cases, early treatment may be planned to help your child avoid extensive treatment in their preteen and teenage years. This method of treatment is known as Phase 1 Orthodontics.
If immediate treatment is not needed but it is found that your child can benefit from orthodontic treatment, your child will likely begin the process sometime between the ages of 9-14.
What Happens During My Child’s Orthodontic Consultation?
When you bring your child in for their first orthodontic consult, you can expect the following:
- X-rays, photographs, and digital scans will be taken of your child’s teeth
- Molds of your child’s teeth will be created
- You and your child will meet with the orthodontist. He or she will review the photos, the molds, and do a physical examination in your child’s mouth
- You will have the opportunity to discuss any concerns you may have with the orthodontist
- If any treatment is needed, your orthodontist will develop a treatment plan and discuss it at length with you and your child
- Your child’s first appointment will be scheduled to begin their treatment
Orthodontic Treatment in Bridgeport, Texas
For the best orthodontic treatment in Bridgeport, Tx, trust in Wise Dental. Our team of professionals is here to help you stay healthy while building your self-confidence.
Wise Dental is proud to operate as the best dental office in Bridgeport, TX. Give us a call at (940) 683-3233 to get scheduled for an appointment in our Bridgeport dental office.